It’s time for our fourth installment of Obsessed With Avocados. Today’s recipe for Fudgy avocado brownies was found here. I’ve not made them yet, but I have used pumpkins in brownies before and I have made avocado fudge (recipe coming soon when I get the ingredients measured, right now I just eyeball it). So, I am excited to try brownies made with our favorite fruit, avocado!
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/355°F.
- Grease and/or line an 8″ square cake pan or brownie pan
- In a food processor, puree your avocado with your eggs, vanilla and water until smooth.
- Melt your chocolate and mix through your avocado mix in the food processor.
- Add in your cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined.
- If your mixture is too thick, add another 1 tbsp or so of water to combine.
- Scoop your mixture out of your food processor into your prepared pan, smoothing out the top and making sure you spread out the mix to all of the edges.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and a skewer inserted removes clean.
- Leave to cool before taking out of the pan and chilling in the fridge.
- Slice and serve chilled.
- These brownies will last in the fridge for a few days (and are even better after they’ve been left for a day or two) or will keep in the freezer for months.