I love this article on fat shaming (aka: bullying!). She explains why it isn’t helpful at all. Let’s all live to be positive influences and follow the suggestions she lies out for us below.
Here are five things you can do to be a positive and thoughtful health activist:
- Start a walking group at your job.
- Get your company to provide healthy snacks in the break room as a part of a employee health initiative.
- Become the kind of group fitness instructor that encourages and welcomes all body types to join in, work hard, and have fun.
- Be the kind of person who promotes wellness and not shame.
- And the primary thing you can do — the thing I looked back to as I began this journey — is love people where they are today and role model healthy behaviors in yourself. This includes working on your own inner voice and turning off the judgments that contribute to others’ personal body-hell.