I first found this recipe in my favorite recipe book, Practical Paleo. I don’t even like cabbage but I do believe in venturing out and trying new foods so I gave this recipe a shot. I was immediately hooked, it is delicious!
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp bacon fat or coconut oil
- 1/2 head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2-4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Rosemary Salt Blend
- 1 green apple, sliced into matchstick sized pieces
- In a large enameled pot or pan, saute the onion in the fat or oil. When it is mostly translucent, add the cabbage and cook until it begins to soften.
- Add the vinegar and Rosemary Salt blend, and allow the cabbage and onion mixture to cook until everything is softened/ fork-tender.
- Add the apples, and cook them until soft. Add more vinegar or some water in the mixture becomes too dry.