Full disclosure: I have not yet tried these. But, they looked too good not to share. I do love Medjool dates & chia seeds! I found the recipe here and plan to try using chocolate protein powder rather than the cacao powder for an extra bit of protein.
- 2 cups jumbo Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup agave syrup or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Cacao powder
- Chia seeds
- Almond flour
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place all the truffle ingredients in your food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and coat them with either almond flour, cacao powder, chia seeds, or shredded coconut.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.