Need a grab and go breakfast filled with healthy carbs, fats and protein? Make these muffins ahead of time and eat them throughout the week. They freeze well so I make several batches at a time. I have also served these as a healthy dessert and they were a hit!
- 3 large Granny Smith Green Apples
- 9 Eggs (pastured if you can get some!)
- 3 tbsp. Coconut Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3 tbsp. warm Water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium skillet, saute the apples, water, and 1.5 tsp. of the cinnamon until the apples are the consistency of chunky applesauce or apple pie filling. Allow the mixture to cool before combining with the egg mixture.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the Eggs, Coconut Milk, Coconut Flour, 1.5 tsp. of Cinnamon, Baking Soda, and Sea Salt until well-combined.
- Add the cooled apples
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup of the batter into lined muffin tins. (Muffins will not rise very much, so feel free to fill the muffin cups up with as much batter as possible).
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Makes one dozen