How about a nice warm soup to keep you warm this winter? This one really hits the spot! The original recipe can be found here. I always double it (the extras freeze well) and have made some adjustments to the recipe below (as usual).
Inside Out Health’s Ingredients:
4 Tbsp coconut oil
1 whole container of pre-diced onions from Kroger
- 2 colored bell peppers, finely diced
- 1/2 bag of shredded carrots, finely diced
- 1 whole container of diced celery from Kroger
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted and diced
1 tsp sea salt
- 4 tsp cumin
- 4 tsp corriander
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 14oz tomato paste
- 32 oz gluten free chicken broth
- 16oz chicken, cooked and shredded (can be cooked fresh or leftover from a whole roasted chicken, etc.)
optional: 1/4 c cilantro, chopped – for garnish
- optional: avocado slices – for garnish
- In a large soup pot, melt the coconut oil and allow the diced onion to cook until it becomes translucent and the edges begin to brown. Add the diced bell pepper, carrots, celery, and roasted poblano pepper – season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, then add the cumin, corriander, and chipotle powder and stir until well combined. Allow to cook for a few more minutes.
- Next, add the tomato paste and bone broth – stir to incorporate. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the flavors are well combined.
- When the soup is nearly complete, add the cooked chicken to the pot just to heat it all the way through.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped cilantro and avocado slices (if freezing please skip this step).