I am so in love with this article for just so many reasons. It addresses the “Food is Fuel” mentality. Please take time to read it in it’s entirety but here are some great lines:
- Living organisms are not machines. Rather, they’re incredibly complex, self-regulating, and dynamically steering. Frankly, they’re almost magical systems.
- Human bodies aren’t combustion engines. They’re complex, dynamic, organic, and infinitely sensitive systems.
- Research now shows that all food isn’t created equal, and what we eat isn’t necessarily what we absorb.
- Dozens — maybe even hundreds — of factors affect how we digest, process, and use the food we eat.
- Every food choice is an opportunity to direct, shape, and remake our health. Our body composition. Our performance. Our well-being.
So what do you think. What is food to you? How is your relationship with food? Is it disordered as so many of ours are? Let me help you see food in a whole new light!