In the midst of the holiday season these meatballs really hit the spot! The initial recipe was found here:
However, over time I’ve adapted it to use easier to find ingredients and make it quicker to throw together.
Inside Out Health’s ingredients:
- 1 lb ground turkey (you can use the Costco pack, it’s the perfect size!)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1/2 tablespoon ground sage
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped (I buy the Kroger pre-chopped onions and just throw in a handful)
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped (again, a handful of the Kroger pre-chopped celery)
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated or shredded (buy already shredded carrots and throw in a handful)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped (you can buy them already chopped in the bulk section or the baking section)
IO Health’s preparation:
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the coconut oil. Place the onions, celery, and carrots in the pan, and sauté until the onions and celery appear translucent. Add the walnuts, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Set the onion, celery, carrot, and chestnut mixture aside to cool
- While the mixture is cooling, combine the turkey and spices until the spices are well incorporated evenly throughout the meat.
- Combine the mixture with the meat, and form meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a foil-lined baking sheet (for easy cleanup), and bake approximately 25-30 minutes or until cooked all the way through.